You're invited to our 2018 Careers Masterclass, an annual professional development day for career advisors, teachers and anyone who may find themselves involved in career conversations with students and their parents.
Explore the future of STEM careers
This year's Careers Masterclass will shine a spotlight on the future of careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). You'll hear from expert guest speakers and see how Murdoch University is using technology and innovation to shape curriculum in these disciplines.
Over the course of the day, you will:
- Learn about the latest in research and teaching resources for driving senior-school participation in STEM subjects
- Hear about the realities of pursuing a career in STEM from a panel of industry professionals, alumni and current students
- Participate in interactive workshops to gain first-hand insight into how technology is shaping the curriculum for our degrees
- See how we're using technology to train tertiary students to tackle social and scientific challenges in a rapidly developing world
- Get updates on our admissions requirements and alternative pathways for future students
- Receive a resource pack and a certificate of completion
Download the program:
Meet the speakers
Co-founder and Managing Director of Refraction MediaAs a passionate advocate for STEM, Heather co-founded STEM-specialised media company, Refraction Media, in 2013 with a view to creating a smarter future. She has developed more than 30 STEM-based teacher resources, which are used by more than 100,000 educators.
Dr Amanda Woods-McConney
|Date||Thursday, 29 March 2018|
|Location||Kim Beazley Lecture Theatre, Murdoch University, 90 South Street, Murdoch|
|Time||8:30am - 3:30pm|
Registration for this event are essential and places are strictly limited.Book your place